Video từ vựng 600 Từ vựng TOEIC– Lesson 19: Invoices – HocHay
Cùng HocHay học tiếng Anh 600 Từ vựng TOEIC các bạn nhé!
600 Từ vựng TOEIC– Lesson 19: Invoices
Words in Context 600 Từ vựng TOEIC – Lesson 19: Invoices
Read the following passage and write the words in the blanks below.
charges discount imposed promptly compiled efficient mistake rectified customer estimated order terms
Mail-order companies need to have an (1) _____ process for invoicing and billing customers. When a customer places an (2) _____, a list of items must be (3) _____ and an invoice generated. The invoice will list the items purchased, along with the cost of each item, and the quantity desired. (4) _____ that will be incurred in shipping the items to the (5) _____ are also added to the invoice. Sometimes shipping charges are simply (6) _____ based on the weight or value of the items ordered.
The invoice also shows the (7) _____ of payment. Payment is usually due within 30 days. Extra charges are often (8) _____ on overdue accounts. Many companies also offer a small (9) _____ if invoices are paid promptly.
Sometimes items get damaged or lost in transit, or customers discover that the wrong items have been shipped by (10) _____. They will usually call the company to have the problem (11) _____. Such complaints should be dealt with (12) _____. If an item is missing, a replacement will be sent, usually at no additional charge to the customer.
Word Families 600 Từ vựng TOEIC – Lesson 19: Invoices
Word Practice 600 Từ vựng TOEIC – Lesson 19: Invoices
Part 1 Photo
Look at the picture and listen to the sentences. Choose the sentence that best describes the picture.
Part 2 Question-Response
Listen to the question and the three responses. Choose the response that best answers the question.
Part 3 Conversation
Listen to the dialogue. Then read each question and choose the best response.
- What do they need to order? 6. When will the woman place the order?
(A) Before noon.
(B) Temporary workers.
(C) Order forms.
(D) Ofﬁce supplies.
- What does the man ask the woman to do?
(A) Compile a list.
(B) Clean the supply closet.
(C) Read the invoice carefully.
(D) Write a check.
Part 4 Talk
Listen to the talk. Then read each question and choose the best answer.
- What is the topic of the talk?
(A) Late payments.
(B) Billing customers.
(C) Immediate payment.
- How does immediate payment beneﬁt the company?
(A) The company doesn’t have to use collections agencies.
(B) The company doesn’t have to charge late tees.
(C) The company gains customers.
(D) The company doesn’t have to send a bill to the customer.
- How much do immediate payments save per project?
(A) 4 percent.
(B) 14 percent.
(C) 15 percent.
(D) 50 percent.
Part 5 Incomplete Sentences
Choose the word that best completes the sentence.
- After we have all of the necessary documents, we will begin our analysis of the data.
- Though he worked very with machines and figures, he was slow and awkward with customers and co-workers.
- Although expenses works well when applying for a contract, clients appreciate itemization on their invoices.
- The customers usually pay their invoices promptly in order to avoid the of late charges.
- The customer was angry at the on her invoice.
- The client would appreciate it if the invoice could be sent so he can pay it before the end of the ﬁscal year.
Part 6 Text Completion
Invoices are an essential part at any business and should be given their due attention. Without invoices, after all, a business would not receive payment for services rendered. The _____ (16) of the invoice must be stated clearly, that is, the customer needs to know exactly what he is being charged for and when the payment is due. If a customer discovers a mistake on the invoice, it should be rectified as soon as possible. If a final charge is much greater than the original estimate, the reason for this should be explained as clearly and simply as possible on the invoice. Some businesses _____ (17) a late fee on late payments. In such cases. this must also be made clear on the invoice. Finally, the invoice must be sent to the customer _____ (18) in order to encourage timely payment.
Part 7 Reading Comprehension
- What did Ms. Pensky hire Ms. Clary to do?
(A) Write invoices.
(B) Collect fees.
(C) Organize closets.
(D) Buy supplies.
- According to the terms of the invoice, how much will Ms. Pensky own if she pays on December 1?
- How much was the original estimate?
- The word ordered in line 11 of the letter is closest in meaning to
- The word rectify in line 20 of the letter is closest in meaning to
#hochay #hoctienganh #hocanhvanonline #luyenthitienganh #hocgioitienganh #apphoctienganh #webhoctienganh #detienganhonline #nguphaptienganh #tuvungtoeic #600essentialwordsforthetoeic #tuvungtoeictheochude